Friday, July 9, 2010

Koi Pond

I had been taking pictures of the lovely white water lilies in my daughter's pond with the intention of painting a pond scene one day. Then Studio Atelier's July challenge was a Koi Pond, so it was a perfect opportunity. I used the portion of the challenge photo with the white water lilies. I painted most of the lily pads and greenery as they were - but added the two koi fish - one (the smaller orangish one) was in the challenge photo. I took the liberty (or is it artistic license) and added the bright spotted one in the center. I deepened the cobalt blue a tad, as a counter point to the orange fish.
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

  1. I love this. The colors are so nice. The lily pads are so nice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jean, I found you on the Studio Atelier, liked the way you have done yours. The depth of the water, the reflections, and the koi all are well done!

    ReplyDelete
  3. In my opinion the best entry thus far. Beautiful. I like it alot.

    ReplyDelete