I had been taking pictures of the lovely white water lilies in my daughter's pond with the intention of painting a pond scene one day. Then Studio Atelier's July challenge was a Koi Pond, so it was a perfect opportunity. I used the portion of the challenge photo with the white water lilies. I painted most of the lily pads and greenery as they were - but added the two koi fish - one (the smaller orangish one) was in the challenge photo. I took the liberty (or is it artistic license) and added the bright spotted one in the center. I deepened the cobalt blue a tad, as a counter point to the orange fish.