Friday, February 11, 2011

Winter Isn't Always Gray

I painted this, using for inspiration, photos  (see below) that I took at different locals: the mountains above the tree line in Rocky Mt. NP in Colorado; a river that runs near where I live and a winter sunset in western Oregon. I left this painting on my easel  after I painted it for a time, because I couldn't decide whether or not to place something in the snow at the bottom right corner. I finally decided not to complicate and detract from the point of interest - the sunset and reflection.  So I called it finished and submitted it to Alice Thompson's Calypso Moon Artist Movement February challenge - Winter Landscape.      9"x6" acrylic on linen paper    $35.

These are the two photos that were the inspiration for this painting.

1 comment:

  1. Nice work Jean - this landscape is so silent and still - quite a difficult effect to achieve!

    ReplyDelete