Thursday, May 19, 2011

Look What's Blooming

Always called these fuzzy, sweet smelling spires "Bee Flowers" because of all the bees that seem to love them. Don't know their real name.

Yellow Azaleas

Red Azaleas.

These miniature white Rhodies are no bigger than a thimble. So cute and lovely.

Variegated purple and white lilacs.

A  species of Trillium.

White bluebells - I think. We also have them in pink and blue.

Shy little Lilies of the Valley.
These are only a few of the many flowers that are blooming here. 

2 comments:

  1. Your flower pictures are lovely...and intriguing to me. We can't grow any of these in San Antonio. Too hot and dry. I don't think I've ever even seen a lilac!

    ReplyDelete
  2. As bees are on the decline its great that you have flowers that bees love.I have french lavender blooming at the moment which the bees are going mad over.My favourite has got to be the lily of the valley.Thanks for sharing these great photos.

    ReplyDelete