Sunday, May 1, 2011

Sweet Peas in a Vinegar Bottle

The house where I once lived and where I raised my children, was just a few blocks from the beach. My little kitchen window faced the ocean. If I could have moved my house closer, this is what the view would have been out that window. As an artist, I can make that happen. I placed sweet peas in a vinegar bottle which I had made into a vase, because I loved the color and shape. The sweet peas grew up a short chain link fence between properties. The sweet scent and bright blooms made the ugly fence pretty.


6"x6" acrylic on linen


$50.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

  1. Ahh...fragrant sweetpeas,I like the colours and the whole scene looks so tranquil,I can just imagine the sea breeze....

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is lovely. I especially like the rich deep purple in the flowers and the breeze in the sheer curtains.

    ReplyDelete