Thursday, April 19, 2012

The Turquoise Pool


I painted this for Dana Marie's Artistic Sentiments's challenge - Turquoise Dreams,
 from a photo she provided 
of a rich deep turquoise pool with a rocky background.
She asked that we add something to the painting.
I chose a white heron taking flight.
I also decided to paint mostly with a palette knife, 
for the texture achieved on the rocks and bird, and smoother on the water; 
with only a small amount of brush work.
I am thinking of painting this on a larger canvas.

5"x7" acrylic on canvas panel

$50.

8 comments:

  1. This is beautiful Jean,I love the colour of the pool and the heron completes the painting to perfection.This would look amazing as a large painting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you made the right decision Jean.Use of knife does enhance the texture of the rocks.Wonderful use of colors and yes,the addition of Heron only makes the painting even more beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Jean:) What a beautiful painting! The reflection of the bird in the water is great. The color of the water is stunning! Great art!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This would be wonderful on a large canvas.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi,Jean,
    In my eyes, your work gets better and better. More sophisticated and more elagant. I particualrly love this work. Colours and a composition are very eye pleasant! Congrats!!
    ...and thank you for kind cheers!!
    Kind regards, Sadami

    ReplyDelete
  6. His work has beautiful colors and lots of poetry in the image

    ReplyDelete