Monday, November 22, 2010

Icing and Iron

This iron gate was painted for The Virtual Paintout November challenge which virtually takes place in Rio de Janeiro with Google street view. I looked at beaches and rivers, bridges and mountains, old town and new - all with hundreds of possible scenes to paint - when this very graphic design caught my eye. I loved the black iron work in front of the white door, surrounded by the lovely lemony yellow, and the creamy white relief work around the entry which I thought, looks liked piped icing. In fact my first impression was that this resembled a uniquely decorated cake . Maybe I was just hungry.


4.5"x6" acrylic with pen and ink detail.   $25.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

  1. Unusual but very attractive painting. It would make quite a wonderful cake too.

    ReplyDelete