Sunday, January 16, 2011

Santa Monica Pier Amusement Park

                                                                                                                                                                    This was painted for Lee Brown's A Day Not Wasted
January Challenge. I liked this part of his photo of the pier and park, with the sailboats in the background. I left out the buildings in the foreground to simplify and emphasize the park.  I used to live just about 3 miles south of this pier in Venice about 6 blocks from the beach. The sailboats in the background would be entering and leaving the channel at Marina Del Rey.

3"x6" miniature acrylic on linen paper     $35.                                                            

1 comment:

  1. Nice Job Jean, I guess you beat me to the punch, I wanted to be the first posting at Lee's Blog for this month. Nice colors and crop.

    ReplyDelete